x If you're looking for a specific comment, check the other printings as well.
Player Rating:
Community Rating: 4.559 / 5  (203 votes)
The player rating is the overall rating for the card taking into account all player rating votes.

Popular Comments
Hide Comments
Only show me comments rated:
12345 >
@TheWrathofShane: The issue is that people would run it with Upheaval, so your removal (unless it only costs one mana) won't do you any good. All they have to do is trade off one-for-one counters or removal until they have eight lands out (filling their graveyard in the process), then tap all lands, Upheaval, play one land again, and play their tog. The next turn, unless you have a one-mana answer, they discard eight cards, exile their entire graveyard, and attack you for game. It doesn't matter that the boost only lasts one turn when it can get twenty power in an empty field.

It's both ridiculously effective and unbelievably boring to play against.

Even without that combo, this card is very good simply for the ability to discard at will -- all sorts of decks can benefit from that, especially if you're using Madness or reanimate.
Posted By: Aquillion (5/12/2013 7:16:51 PM)


It's Zippy from Rainbow! Or his evil twin. God, Odyssey Block Constructed was obnoxious. You were with either the Tog or the Dog. Me? I was always a Wild Mongrel man, personally.
Posted By: stygimoloch (2/14/2009 7:06:18 AM)


After watching Pro Tour LA 2005, I heard Randy and Mike Flores talking about the playtest version of Psychatog. Apparently it used to just eat your library, like "Remove the top card of your library from the game: Psychatog gets +1/+1 until end of turn." To quote Mike: "That seems fundamentally flawed to me."

Amazing card.
Posted By: JP_the_Wanderer (12/20/2008 9:09:26 PM)


I would be smiling like that too if I were one of the most powerful creatures in the game...
Posted By: Angerr (2/11/2009 3:14:40 PM)


One of the most hideously powered creatures MTG history... a creature I still see in my nightmares.
Posted By: Akatosh (11/17/2008 12:01:42 AM)


It's almost eerie how Wizards seemed to had out of its way to print the cards for a deck around this guy. It worked out too well... like Urza's block.
Posted By: Kirbster (7/1/2010 5:17:34 PM)


Gush is a super card to use with the Tog. Ruin your day pretty quick.
Posted By: Mill_Master (5/25/2010 4:13:31 AM)


Good old Dr. Teeth! Simply one of the best critters in this whole game.
Posted By: True_Mumin (6/17/2009 5:13:36 PM)


Odyssey block constructed was an exercise in boredom and frustration, and this was the reason why. The psychatog deck was both excruciatingly boring and ridiculously overpowered, and 80% of people ran it (the other 20% ran wild mongrel decks). Like someone said, you were either the tog or the dog.
Posted By: Laguz (3/10/2010 12:28:04 PM)


If you're giving it less than 5 stars, you got Upheavaled and u mad.
Posted By: ArtBell (2/10/2010 1:20:41 PM)


Gatherer works better in the Companion app!